August 25, 2023
This article will explain the data collected and the data it does not collect, as well as the methods of collection and the measures taken to ensure data security.
X-VPN only collects the absolutely necessary data to provide enhanced VPN services. We are committed to the following:
- X-VPN does not store your IP address or the server IP address you connect to.
- X-VPN does not log your browsing history, data content or DNS queries.
- X-VPN will not sell, use, or disclose any data to third parties, including government entities, for any purposes.
Since its launch in 2017, X-VPN has encountered zero data leakage incidents. We have received a total of 45 requests from 7 different countries for data disclosure, all of which we have rejected due to our non-collection policy.
Information We Collect
To enhance user experience, we may collect certain device system information and country-level location data. However, please note that we absolutely do not track or record users' IP addresses or any other sensitive information.
We do record users' email addresses when users choose to create a X-VPN account and registration time to allow them to use a VIP account across multiple devices simultaneously. However, it's important to remember that X-VPN does not require a real email address, and users can choose to provide a fake address if desired.
During the process of connecting to X-VPN, we may record connection timestamps, choice of protocol, network type, error reports, and app interactions. These logs are kept for LESS THAN 48 HOURS solely for the purpose of improving the quality of connections. After this period, they are automatically and permanently erased from our system. And please keep in mind we never log the server IP to which users connect, nor do we log their browsing history.
We keep records of users' subscription status, payment methods, subscribed packages, subscription time, and transaction ID (or reference ID). These details are collected to provide VIP services and troubleshooting support (e.g., refunds or adding packages) to our users. However, please rest assured that we absolutely do not store any credit card or payment information itself.
In order to provide better VPN connection services, we offer a 24/7 Live Chat and email feedback channel. Any voluntarily sent messages via Live Chat or email will be recorded. Additionally, we may collect crash logs and data usage information for analysis purposes, solely to identify and resolve any problems users may encounter.
How We Secure Your Data
Data is Stored in the EU
We store our users' information on servers located within the EU, where the strictest data protection regulations are implemented.
Security of data storage
For data storage, we use the MySQL database for storing user data, which is hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. To ensure secure database connections, we implement SSL/TLS certificate encryption and IP whitelisting verification. This means that only IPs with valid certificates and within our whitelisted IP range can access the database. Additionally, both the tables and data content undergo encryption. Depending on the specific scenario, we employ a combination of encryption methods, including binary encryption, hash, self-marshal (proprietary serialization), and AES-256. These measures ensure that even in the event of a database breach, it would be impossible to access the actual data content.
No Sensitive Personal Information
The best way to secure your data is by not collecting it in the first place. We assure you that we do not log your IP address, browser history, server IP you connect to, or any data that can be used to personally identify you. Regardless of who requests it, our response remains the same: we do not possess that data.
Exclusive Control by Free connected limited
All the data we collect is solely controlled by Free connected limited and not by its ultimate holding company or any other entities.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by the X-VPN website. They allow the website to remember your actions and settings (such as login information, language preferences, font size, etc.) for a certain period of time, so you don't have to re-enter them every time you visit the website or navigate between different pages.
You have the option to disable cookies through your browser settings. The specific steps depend on the browser you are using. We have provided tutorials on how to disable cookies for Chrome and Safari browsers.
X-VPN's cookies contain a unique ID and some statistical data. The unique ID is used to identify different users and maintain login status, as well as remember language preferences. This ID is randomly generated by X-VPN system and does not involve any personal user information. The statistical data records the pages users access on the xvpn.io website and the referral sources (such as Google Ads, YouTube, organic search, etc.). It is primarily used for analyzing web promotion data. We assure you that there is no personal information stored in X-VPN's cookies.
X-VPN offers free service on mobile and PC worldwide. In order to cover the cost of providing free data, we display ads on the free version. The ad platforms we utilize include AdMob by Google, InMobi, Chartboost, ironSource, and Liftoff. These platforms have a global presence and a reputable track record. They have also self-certified their compliance with Google Play's Families Self-Certified Ads SDK Program requirements.
In order to analyze the performance of X-VPN and identify any crashes on the mobile platform, we have integrated Firebase by Google.
On the web platform, we support user subscriptions to our VIP service. Therefore, we have integrated several popular global payment methods, including Stripe, PayPal, and Paymentwall. In addition, to ensure the privacy and security of our users, we offer encrypted cryptocurrency payment option - CoinPayments that cannot be traced back to the source of payment.
We do not provide services to individuals under the age of eighteen or under the age defined as "children" by local regulations. We do not collect information regarding the age of our users, and we are unaware if we are collecting data from individuals under the legal age. If you are considered a child in your region, please refrain from using X-VPN's service and do not provide us with any personal data.
You have the right to request access to, receive, restrict, delete, or rectify the personal data that X-VPN holds about you. If you need to access your personal data, we will provide it to you in a portable, readily-usable format (e.g., XML, CSV, etc.) within 45 days. If necessary, we may extend this period by an additional 45 days after notifying you. Please note that you can make up to two requests every 12 months. It should be noted that if there is an active subscription in your account, we will need to verify your request with you. To exercise your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users in European Union
This section applies to individuals in the European Union and to individuals in other countries whose data privacy laws are similar to GDPR.
As a Data Subject you have rights under the GDPR. These rights can be seen below. X-VPN will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, and has provided below the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the GDPR.
(Chapter 3 of the GDPR) each Data Subject has eight rights. These are:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called 'the Right to be Forgotten'. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; the Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
X-VPN is committed to user privacy globally, and our existing practices reflect that through minimal collection of data and ensuring users have control over their personal information. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU) requires us to outline those practices in a specific manner for users in the EU.
1. For the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to users, including:
Providing users with the Services and Apps they have requested.
Managing user subscriptions and processing payments.
Providing customer support.
2. For a legitimate interest associated with the operation of our business, including:
Enhancing the quality, reliability, and effectiveness of our Site, Services, and Apps.
Communicating with customers to provide information and seek feedback related to our Services and Apps.
You can exercise your rights under the GDPR to access, transfer, correct, delete, or object to the processing of your personal information by contacting us at: email@example.com (Please note that we may need one month or longer to respond)
Users in California
X-VPN does not share information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties for our own marketing use without your permission.
California Consumer Privacy Act
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Users in Nevada
X-VPN does not sell information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties. X-VPN will not sell or trade Personal Data for commercial purposes.
Effective: August 25, 2023