How to disable IPv6 on MacOS?
Latest edited on 2023-11-13
In order to disable IPv6 on newer OS X versions, you need to run the command through the Terminal application.
1. Open Finder->Applications
2. Click on Utilities Folder
3. Double Click on the Terminal app (Or you can press F4 to open Launchpad and search for the Terminal app)
4. Run the following command in the terminal window:
sudo networksetup -listallnetworkservices
5. To identify the network interface you are using, commonly either Ethernet or Wi-Fi, you can use the following command in the terminal window to disable IPv6 on that interface. Please keep in mind that you may need to enclose the interface name in quotation marks. Here are a few examples:
To disable IPv6 on Ethernet: sudo networksetup -setv6off Ethernet
To disable IPv6 on Wi-Fi: sudo networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi
6. You will be asked to enter your administrator's password and then IPv6 is disabled.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Why wasn't this article helpful?