Let's first briefly understand what IP, server, and DNS are. These keywords you often see in VPN-related articles, what they represent, and how they work together.
IP: IP address is a unified address format provided by the IP protocol. It assigns a logical address to each network and each host on the Internet to shield the difference in physical addresses. The IP address is necessary for a server. Therefore, the corresponding server can be found only by entering the correct IP address.
Server: Server is actually like our home computer, it also has motherboard, CPU, memory, hard disk, power supply, etc.
According to the function, it can be called a server for what it is used for：
- web server
- FTP server
- database server
- mail server
It can also be called according to the region where the server is placed ：
- US server
- UK server
- Hong Kong server
- CA server and more
As we all know, an IP address is composed of a string of numbers, and a simple recording method is required to generate a domain name. The domain name can be numbers, letters, etc.
(Click here to learn how IP works
Domain name system (DNS) : it translates human-readable domain names (for example, www.google.com) to machine-readable IP addresses (for example, 188.8.131.52).
Domain names exist as a substitute for IP addresses. A domain name can correspond to multiple IP addresses, and one IP address (184.108.40.206) can also correspond to multiple domain names (ex: www.google.com).
If the server's IP address has changed, you only need to change the domain name resolution, and you don't need to know the new IP address, which is quite convenient.
For example, Google (www.google.com) is a domain name and DNS can help us resolve the IP corresponding to Google.
How DNS encryption works?
When you visit any website, your browser will ask the DNS resolution server for the IP address where the website can be found. Unfortunately, these DNS queries and responses are often unprotected. Encrypted DNS will improve user privacy and security.
DNS encrypts the transmission between the sender of the message and the recipient of the message, which guarantees:
- Data confidentiality to prevent user data from being stolen or leaked.
- Ensure the integrity of the data and prevent the data transmitted by the user from being tampered with.
- Confirm the identity of both parties in the communication to ensure the source of the data and the legitimate user.
Learn how DNS protects your privacy.
Many ISPs have intentionally throttled users' bandwidth and slowed internet speeds, especially for online gaming and streaming. A good VPN can encrypt your internet traffic, so your ISP will not be able to limit your internet speed based on your internet activity.
We have algorithms that are unique in the industry, and our engineers manage our VPN servers so that we can provide fast and reliable connections. Your privacy and security are protected from end to end.
What are the advantages of the X-VPN server?
- Server location can be selected. X-VPN has servers all over the world with 8000+ servers. Server clusters spread across North America, South America, Europe, The Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
- The online peak has more than 10,000 IP addresses, and the database of millions of IP address is constantly updated and changed
- Each server location is equipped with top-notch hardware for faster speeds and better streaming quality.
- Desktop and mobile VPN apps let you easily switch servers regardless of location.