Facebook is one of the most popular social media in the world. You may have gotten a lot of joy from it, or a lot of bad things may have happened that prompted your decision to delete your account. This may contain malicious comments, privacy concerns, false information, and more. Although you may be reluctant to spend more time with it, be sure to permanently delete your account before leaving. This way your private information will be hidden. Follow our guide (both on iPhone and PC).
Please Note: After you complete the steps below, your account will be deactivated for 30 days. During this period, your account will no longer be public, and all data will be completely deleted after 30 days. If you change your mind during this time, you can log in from any device and your account will resume as normal.
How to delete Facebook account on PC?
1. Visit www.facebook.com and log in to your account, click your avatar in the upper right corner.
2. Select [Settings & privacy], then click [Settings].
3. Select [Your Facebook information] in the list on the left. If you are using the new Pages experience, then click [Privacy] and then click [Your Facebook information].
4. Click [Deactivation and deletion].
5. Choose [Delete Account], then click [Continue to account deletion].
6. Here you can choose to download your information. Click [Delete Account], enter your password and then click [Continue]. Click [Delete account] to confirm.
How to delete Facebook account on iPhone?
1. Open the Facebook app and log in to your account, tap the menu icon in the lower right corner.
2. Tap [Settings and Privacy] at the bottom, then tap [Settings].
3. Tap [Account Ownership and Control].
4. Tap [Deactivation and Deletion], choose [Delete Account] and tap [Continue to Account Deletion].
5. Tap [Delete Account].
6. Enter your password and tap [Continue], then tap [Delete Account].